Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
|Overview - Judges 5|
| 1 ||The Song of Deborah and Barak. |
Judges 5:23 (King James Version)
Curse ye Meroz, said the angel of the LORD, curse ye bitterly the inhabitants thereof; because they came not to the help of the LORD, to the help of the LORD against the mighty.
- Curse ye
- 1 Samuel 26:19 ; Jeremiah 48:10 ; 1 Corinthians 16:22
- This city of Meroz seems to have been, at this time, a place of considerable importance, since something great was expected from it; but probably, after the angel of the Lord had pronounced this curse, it dwindled and like the fig-tree which Christ cursed, withered away; so that we never read of it after this in Scripture.
- the angel
- 2:1 4:6 6:11 13:3 Matthew 25:41
- they came
- Judges 21:9 Judges 21:10 Nehemiah 3:5
- to the help
- 1 Samuel 17:47 ; 18:17 25:28 Romans 15:18 ; 1 Corinthians 3:9 ; 2 Corinthians 6:1