|Overview - Judges 7|
|1||Gideon's army of two and thirty thousand is brought to three hundred.|
|9||He is encouraged by the dream and interpretation of the burley cake.|
|16||His stratagem of trumpets and lamps in pitchers.|
|24||The Ephraimites take Oreb and Zeeb.|
Judges 7:22 (King James Version)
And the three hundred blew the trumpets, and the LORD set every man's sword against his fellow, even throughout all the host: and the host fled to Bethshittah in Zererath, and to the border of Abelmeholah, unto Tabbath.
- Joshua 6:4 Joshua 6:16 Joshua 6:20 ; 2 Corinthians 4:7
- the Lord
- 1 Samuel 14:16-20 ; 2 Chronicles 20:23 ; Psalms 83:9 ; Isaiah 9:4 ; 19:2
- or, toward. Zererath.
- Probably the same as Zartanah.
- 1 Kings 4:12
- Hebrew lip. Abelmeholah.
- Situated, according to Eusebius 16 miles south from Scythopolis, or Bethshan.
- 1 Kings 4:12 ; 19:16
- Probably the town of [Obd,] mentioned by Eusebius, 13 miles from Neapolis, or Shechem, towards Scythopolis.