|Overview - Judges 9|
|1||Abimelech by conspiracy with the Shechemites, and murder of his brethren, is made king.|
|7||Jotham by a parable rebukes them, and foretells their ruin.|
|22||Gaal conspires with the Shechemites against him.|
|30||Zebul reveals it.|
|34||Abimelech overcomes them, and sows the city with salt.|
|46||He burns the hold of the god Berith.|
|50||At Thebez he is slain by a piece of a millstone.|
|56||Jotham's curse if fulfilled.|
Judges 9:23 (King James Version)
Then God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the men of Shechem; and the men of Shechem dealt treacherously with Abimelech:
- M. 2771. B.C. 1233. An. Ex. Is. 258. God.
- That is, God permitted the evil spirit of jealousy, treachery, and discord, to break out between Abimelech and the Shechemites.
- Judges 9:15 Judges 9:20 ; 1 Samuel 16:14-16 ; 1 Samuel 18:9 1 Samuel 18:10 1 Kings 12:15 ; 1 Kings 22:22 1 Kings 22:23 2 Chronicles 10:15
- 2 Chronicles 18:19-22 ; Isaiah 19:2 Isaiah 19:14 ; 2 Thessalonians 2:11 2 Thessalonians 2:12
- 16 ; Isaiah 33:1 ; Matthew 7:2