|Overview - Luke 10|
|1||Christ sends out at once seventy disciples to work miracles, and to preach;|
|13||pronounces a woe against certain cities.|
|17||The seventy return with joy; he shows them wherein to rejoice, and thanks his Father for his grace;|
|23||magnifies the happy estate of his church;|
|25||teaches the lawyer how to attain eternal life, and to take every one for his neighbour that needs his mercy;|
|38||reprehends Martha, and commends Mary her sister.|
Luke 10:1 (King James Version)
After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.
- Matthew 10:1-4 ; Mark 6:7-13
- other seventy
- Rather, seventy others, as Dr. Campbell renders; for the expression other seventy implies that there were seventy sent before, which was not the case: it seems to refer to the twelve apostles whom our Lord had previously chosen.
- Numbers 11:16 Numbers 11:24-26
- two and
- Acts 13:2-4 ; Revelation 11:3-10
- Luke 1:17 Luke 1:76 3:4-6 9:52