Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
|Overview - Mark 9|
| 1 ||Jesus is transfigured. |
|11 ||He instructs his disciples concerning the coming of Elias; |
|14 ||casts forth a deaf and dumb spirit; |
|30 ||foretells his death and resurrection; |
|33 ||exhorts his disciples to humility; |
|38 ||bidding them not to prohibit such as are not against them, nor to give offence to any of the faithful. |
Mark 9:4 (King James Version)
And there appeared unto them Elias with Moses: and they were talking with Jesus.
- Matthew 11:13 ; Matthew 17:3 Matthew 17:4 Luke 9:19 Luke 9:30 Luke 9:31 ; Luke 24:27 Luke 24:44 John 5:39 John 5:45-47
- Acts 3:21-24 ; 1 Peter 1:10-12 ; Revelation 19:10
- Moses was the founder of the Jewish polity, and Elias the most zealous reformer and prophet of the Jewish church; and their presence implied that the ministry of Christ was attested by the law and the prophets.
- 2 Kings 2:11 2 Kings 2:12
- Deuteronomy 34:5 Deuteronomy 34:6