|Overview - Nehemiah 13|
|1||Upon the reading of the law, separation is made from the mixed multitude.|
|4||Nehemiah, at his return, causes the chambers to be cleansed.|
|10||He reforms the offices in the house of God;|
|15||the violation of the sabbath;|
|23||and the marriages with the strange wives.|
Nehemiah 13:6 (King James Version)
But in all this time was not I at Jerusalem: for in the two and thirtieth year of Artaxerxes king of Babylon came I unto the king, and after certain days obtained I leave of the king:
- Exodus 32:1 ; 2 Chronicles 24:17 2 Chronicles 24:18 ; Matthew 13:25
- Nehemiah came to Jerusalem in the twentieth year of Artaxerxes, and remained there till the thirty-second, being twelve years; then returned to Babylon; and probably, after about a year, got leave to revisit his brethren, and found matters as here stated.
- the two
- 2:1 5:14
- after certain days
- Hebrew at the end of days.
- Nehemiah 2:5 Nehemiah 2:6
- obtained I
- or, I earnestly requested.