Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
|Overview - Nehemiah 3|
| 1 ||The names and order of them that built the wall. |
Nehemiah 3:15 (King James Version)
But the gate of the fountain repaired Shallun the son of Colhozeh, the ruler of part of Mizpah; he built it, and covered it, and set up the doors thereof, the locks thereof, and the bars thereof, and the wall of the pool of Siloah by the king's garden, and unto the stairs that go down from the city of David.
- the gate
- 2:14 12:37 2 Chronicles 32:30
- the ruler
- Nehemiah 3:9 Nehemiah 3:12 Nehemiah 3:14
- 7 ; Judges 20:1 Judges 20:3
- Jeremiah 40:6
- Siloah was situated under the eastern wall of Jerusalem, between that city and the brook Kedron, and is described by Chateaubriand as lying at the foot of Mount Zion
- Dr. Richardson represents the pool of Siloam as occurring higher up the valley of Jehoshaphat, towards the north, than the well of Nehemiah, a little beyond the village of Siloa, and nearly opposite the tombs of Jehoshaphat and Zechariah.
- Isaiah 8:6
- Luke 13:4 ; John 9:7
- the stairs.
- 2 Samuel 5:6 2 Samuel 5:7