|Overview - Obadiah 1|
|1||The destruction of Edom,|
|3||for their pride,|
|10||and for their wrong unto Jacob.|
|17||The salvation and victory of Jacob.|
Obadiah 1:7 (King James Version)
All the men of thy confederacy have brought thee even to the border: the men that were at peace with thee have deceived thee, and prevailed against thee; they that eat thy bread have laid a wound under thee: there is none understanding in him.
- the men of
- The Chaldeans, whose agents they became in persecuting the Jews.
- Psalms 55:12 Psalms 55:13 ; Jeremiah 4:30 ; 30:14 Lamentations 1:19 ; Ezekiel 23:22-25 ; Revelation 17:12-17
- men that were at peace with thee
- Hebrew men of thy peace.
- Jeremiah 20:10 ; 38:22 *margins
- they that eat thy bread
- Hebrew the men of thy bread.
- Psalms 41:9 ; John 13:18
- there is
- Isaiah 19:11-14 ; 27:11 Jeremiah 49:7 ; Hosea 13:13
- in him
- or, of it.