Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
|Overview - Psalms 115|
| 1 ||Because God is truly glorious, |
| 4 ||and idols are vanity, |
| 9 ||he exhorts to confidence in God. |
|12 ||God is to be blessed for his blessings. |
Psalms 115:1 (King James Version)
Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, for thy mercy, and for thy truth's sake.
- M. 3108. B.C. 896. (Title.)
- This seems to be an [epinikion,] or triumphal song, in which the victory is wholly ascribed to Jehovah; and to none can it be referred with more propriety than to that of Jehoshaphat over the confederated forces of his enemies, 2 Ch 20.
- unto us
- 74:22 Psalms 79:9 Psalms 79:10 Joshua 7:9 ; Isaiah 48:11 ; Ezekiel 20:14 ; 36:32 Daniel 9:19
- Ephesians 1:6 ; Revelation 4:10 Revelation 4:11
- for thy mercy
- 61:7 Psalms 89:1 Psalms 89:2 Micah 7:20 ; John 1:17 ; Romans 15:8 Romans 15:9