Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
Psalms 119:1 (King James Version)
ALEPH. Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
- M. 3560. B.C. 444. (Title.)
- This Psalm, which was probably composed by Ezra, is another of the alphabetical Psalms: it consists of twenty-two parts, answering to the number of the Hebrew letters; every part being divided into eight verses, and each verse beginning with that letter which forms the title of the part; that is, the first part of eight verses with [Aleph,] the second with [Byth,] etc. It is an elegant, important, and useful
- composition; the chief subjects of which are the excellence of God's laws, and the happiness of those who observe them.* Blessed. 1:1-3 32:1,2 112:1 128:1 Mt 5:3-12 Lu 11:28 Joh 13:17
- James 1:25 ; Revelation 22:14
- or, perfect, or sincere.
- 2 Kings 20:3 ; 2 Chronicles 31:20 2 Chronicles 31:21 ; Job 1:1 Job 1:8 ; John 1:47 ; Acts 24:16 ; 2 Corinthians 1:12
- Titus 2:11 Titus 2:12
- Ezekiel 11:20 ; Hosea 14:9 ; Luke 1:6 ; 1 Thessalonians 4:1 1 Thessalonians 4:2