|Overview - Psalms 133|
|1||The blessedness of unity among brethren.|
Psalms 133:3 (King James Version)
As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.
- As the dew of Hermon
- Mr. Maundrell says, "We were sufficiently instructed by experience what the holy Psalmist means by 'the dew of Hermon,' our tents being as wet with it as if it had rained all night." Some suppose that Zion here means a part of Mount Hermon ( Deuteronomy 4:48 );but it is not written Sion here, but Zion, which is at Jerusalem.
- Deuteronomy 3:8 Deuteronomy 3:9 ; 4:48 Joshua 13:11
- for there the Lord
- 42:8 Leviticus 25:21 ; Deuteronomy 28:8
- even life
- 16:11 21:4 John 4:14 ; John 5:24 John 5:29 John 6:50 John 6:51 John 6:68 John 11:25 John 11:26 Romans 5:21
- Romans 6:23 ; 1 John 2:25 ; 5:11 Revelation 1:18