|Overview - Psalms 86|
|1||David strengthens his prayer by the consciousness of his religion;|
|5||by the goodness and power of God.|
|11||He desires the continuance of former grace.|
|14||Complaining of the proud, he craves some token of God's goodness.|
Psalms 86:1 (King James Version)
Bow down thine ear, O LORD, hear me: for I am poor and needy.
- ) A Prayer of David. or a prayer, being a Psalm of
- David. This Psalm is supposed to have been composed by David either when persecuted by Saul, or driven from Jerusalem by Absalom.
- 102:1 142:1 *titles
- 31:2 Isaiah 37:17 ; Daniel 9:18
- for I am
- 10:14 34:6 40:17 72:12-14 102:17 119:22 140:12 Isaiah 66:2
- Matthew 5:3 ; Luke 4:18 ; James 1:9 James 1:10 ; 2:5