|Overview - Psalms 89|
|1||The psalmist praises God for his covenant;|
|5||for his wonderful power;|
|15||for the care of his church;|
|19||for his favour to the kingdom of David.|
|38||Then complaining of contrary events,|
|46||he expostulates, prays, and blesses God.|
Psalms 89:1 (King James Version)
I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.
- M. cir. 3463. B.C. cir. 541. (Title.) Maschil, etc. or,
- A Psalm for Ethan, the Ezrahite, to give instructions. This Psalm is generally supposed to have been written during the Babylonian captivity, when, the family of David being dethroned, and the royal family ruined, the Divine promises had apparently failed.
- 1 Kings 4:31 ; 1 Chronicles 2:6
- I will
- Psalms 86:12 Psalms 86:13 101:1 106:1 136:1-26
- Psalms 40:9 Psalms 40:10 Psalms 71:8 Psalms 71:15-19
- thy faithfulness
- Psalms 89:5 Psalms 89:8 Psalms 89:33 Psalms 89:49 ; 36:5 92:2 Isaiah 25:1 ; Lamentations 3:23 ; Micah 7:20 ; Titus 1:2
- all generations
- Hebrew generation and generation.
- 4 ; 119:90 *marg: