|Overview - Psalms 92|
|1||The prophet exhorts to praise God,|
|4||for his great works;|
|6||for his judgments on the wicked;|
|10||and for his goodness to the godly.|
Psalms 92:1 (King James Version)
It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High:
- M. cir 3464. B.C. cir 540. (Title.) A Psalm.
- Calmet and others suppose this Psalm to have been composed by some of the Levites during or near the close of the Babylonian captivity, acknowledging the mercy of God, and foreseeing the destruction of their enemies, and their own return to Jerusalem and the temple service.
- Isaiah 58:13 Isaiah 58:14 ; Hebrews 4:9 ; *marg:
- Revelation 4:8-11
- 33:1 50:23 52:9 54:6 73:28 Psalms 107:1 Psalms 107:8 Psalms 107:15 Psalms 107:21 Psalms 107:22 135:3 147:1
- Ephesians 5:19 ; Hebrews 13:15
- 8 ; 82:6 Isaiah 57:15 ; Daniel 4:34-37 ; 5:18 Acts 7:48 Acts 7:49