Alexander. [N] [E] [H]
- Son of Simon the Cyrenian, who was compelled to bear the cross for our Lord. ( Mark 15:21 )
- One of the kindred of Annas the high priest. ( Acts 4:6 )
- A Jew at Ephesus whom his countrymen put forward during the tumult raised by Demetrius the silversmith, ( Acts 19:33 ) to plead their cause with the mob.
- An Ephesian Christian reprobated by St. Paul in ( 1 Timothy 1:20 ) as having, together with one Hymenaeus, put from him faith and a good conscience, and so made shipwreck concerning the faith. This may be the same with
- Alexander the coppersmith, mentioned by the same apostle, ( 2 Timothy 4:14 ) as having done him many mischiefs.
[N] indicates this entry was also found in Nave's Topical Bible
[E] indicates this entry was also found in Easton's Bible Dictionary
[H] indicates this entry was also found in Hitchcock's Bible Names
Bibliography InformationSmith, William, Dr. "Entry for 'Alexander'". "Smith's Bible Dictionary". . 1901.