Azare-el, or Azare-el
(whom the Lord helps ).
- A Korhite who joined David in his retreat at Ziklag. ( 1 Chronicles 12:6 ) (B.C. 1060.)
- A Levite musician of the family of Heman in the time of David, ( 1 Chronicles 25:18 ) called UZZIEL in ( 1 Chronicles 25:4 ) (B.C. 1050.)
- Son of Jeroham, and prince of the tribe of Dan when David numbered the people. ( 1 Chronicles 27:22 )
- One of the sons of Bani, who put away his foreign wife on the remonstrance of Ezra. ( Ezra 10:41 ) (B.C. 459.)
- Father or ancestor of Maasiai, or Amashai, a priest who dwelt in Jerusalem after the return from Babylon. ( Nehemiah 11:13 ) comp. 1Chr 9:12 (B.C. about 440.)
Bibliography InformationSmith, William, Dr. "Entry for 'Azareel, or Azareel'". "Smith's Bible Dictionary". . 1901.