Berechiah [N] [E]
(blessed of Jehovah ).
- A descendant of the royal family of Judah. ( 1 Chronicles 3:20 )
- A man mentioned as the father of Meshullam, who assisted in rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem. ( Nehemiah 3:4 Nehemiah 3:30 ; 6:18 )
- A Levite. ( 1 Chronicles 9:16 )
- A doorkeeper for the ark. ( 1 Chronicles 15:23 )
- One of the tribe of Ephraim in the time of Ahaz. ( 2 Chronicles 28:12 )
- Father of Asaph the singer. ( 1 Chronicles 15:17 ) [BERACHIAH]
- Father of Zechariah. ( Zechariah 1:1 Zechariah 1:7 )
[N] indicates this entry was also found in Nave's Topical Bible
[E] indicates this entry was also found in Easton's Bible Dictionary
Bibliography InformationSmith, William, Dr. "Entry for 'Berechiah'". "Smith's Bible Dictionary". . 1901.