Michael [N] [E]
(who is like God? ).
- An Asherite, father of Sethur, one of the twelve spies. ( Numbers 13:13 )
- One of the Gadites who settled in the land of Bashan. ( 1 Chronicles 5:13 )
- Another Gadite, ancestor of Abihail. ( 1 Chronicles 5:14 )
- A Gershionite Levite, ancestor of Asaph. ( 1 Chronicles 6:40 )
- One of the five sons of Izrahiah, of the tribe of Issachar. ( 1 Chronicles 7:3 )
- A Benjamite of the sons of Beriah. ( 1 Chronicles 8:16 )
- One of the captains of the "thousands" of Manasseh who joined David at Ziklag. ( 1 Chronicles 12:20 )
- The father or ancestor of Omri, chief of the tribe of Issachar in the reign of David. ( 1 Chronicles 27:18 )
- One of the sons of Jehoshaphat who were murdered by their elder brother, Jehoram. ( 2 Chronicles 21:2 2 Chronicles 21:4 )
- The father or ancestor of Zebadiah, of the sons of Shephatiah. ( Ezra 8:8 )
- "One," or "the first, of the chief princes" or archangels, ( Daniel 10:21 ) as the "prince" of Israel, and in ch. ( Daniel 12:1 ) as "the great prince which standeth" in time conflict "for the children of thy people."
[N] indicates this entry was also found in Nave's Topical Bible
[E] indicates this entry was also found in Easton's Bible Dictionary
Bibliography InformationSmith, William, Dr. "Entry for 'Michael'". "Smith's Bible Dictionary". . 1901.