ba'-ni (bani, "posterity"):
(1) A Gadite, one of David's mighty men (2 Samuel 23:36).
(2) A Levite whose son was appointed for service in the tabernacle at David's time (1 Chronicles 6:46).
(3) A Judahite whose son lived in Jerusalem after the captivity (1 Chronicles 9:4).
(6) Son of Bani, a Levite and builder (Nehemiah 3:17).
(7) Bani, who instructed the people at Ezra's time (Nehemiah 8:7).
(8) Three Levites mentioned in connection with the temple worship at Ezra's time (Nehemiah 9:4,5).
(9) A Levite who sealed the covenant with Ne (Nehemiah 10:13).
(10) A leader of the people who also signed the covenant (Nehemiah 10:14).
(11) One whose son Uzzi was overseer of the Levites at Jerusalem (Nehemiah 11:22).
A. L. Breslich
These files are public domain.