(God is his help ).
- Abrahams chief servant, called by him "Eliezer of Damascus." ( Genesis 15:2 ) (B.C. 1857.)
- Second son of Moses and Zipporah (B.c. 1523), to whom his father gave this name because "the God of my father was mine help, and delivered me from the sword of Pharaoh." ( Exodus 18:4 ; 1 Chronicles 23:15 1 Chronicles 23:17 ; 26:25 )
- One of the sons of Becher, the son of Benjamin. ( 1 Chronicles 7:8 )
- A priest in the reign of David. ( 1 Chronicles 15:24 )
- Son of Zichri, ruler of the Reubenites in the reign of David. ( 1 Chronicles 27:16 )
- Son of Dodavah, of Mareshah in Judah, ( 2 Chronicles 20:37 ) a prophet, who rebuked Jehoshaphat for joining himself with Ahaziah king of Israel. (B.C. 895.)
- A chief Israelite whom Ezra sent with others from Ahava to Cesiphia, to induce some Levites and Nethinim to accompany him to Jerusalem. ( Ezra 8:16 ) (B.C. 459.) 8,9,10. A priest, a Levite and an Israelite of the sons of Harim, who had married foreign wives. ( Ezra 10:18 Ezra 10:23 Ezra 10:31 )
- Son of Jorim, in the genealogy of Christ. ( Luke 3:29 )
Bibliography InformationSmith, William, Dr. "Entry for 'Eliezar'". "Smith's Bible Dictionary". . 1901.