peaceable; perfect; their parablesMesobaite
me-shul'-am (meshullam, "resigned" or "devoted"; compare Arabic Muslim; Mesollam):
An Old Testament name very common in post-exilic times.
(1) The grandfather of Shaphan (2 Kings 22:3).
(2) A son of Zerubbabel (1 Chronicles 3:19).
(3) A Gadite (1 Chronicles 5:13).
(9) A Kohathite appointed by Josiah as one of the overseers to direct the repairs of the temple (2 Chronicles 34:12).
(10) One of the chief men sent by Ezra to procure Levites to go up with him to Jerusalem (Ezra 8:16; compare 1 Esdras 8:44).
(11) A Levite opposed to Ezra's regulations anent marriage with foreigners (Ezra 10:15; 1 Esdras 9:14).
(12) One of those who had married foreign wives (Ezra 10:29; compare 1 Esdras 9:30).
(14) One of the repairers of the Old Gate (Nehemiah 3:6).
(15) A supporter of Ezra at the reading of the Law (Nehemiah 8:4).
(16) One of those who subscribed the Covenant (Nehemiah 10:20).
(17) A priest who subscribed the Covenant (Nehemiah 10:7).
(18) (19) Two priests at the time of the high priest Joiakim (Nehemiah 12:13,16).
(20) A porter at the time of the high priest Joiakim (Nehemiah 12:25).
(21) A processionist at the dedication of the wall of Jerusalem (Nehemiah 12:33).
John A. Less
These files are public domain.