We are currently undergoing maintenance, all user specific funtions will be disabled for a short time. Sorry for the inconvenience.
The NAS New Testament Greek Lexicon
Greek lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
| Strong's Number: 3811|| Browse Lexicon |
|Original Word||Word Origin|
|Transliterated Word||TDNT Entry|
|Phonetic Spelling||Parts of Speech|
|pahee-dyoo'-o ||Verb |
- to train children
- to be instructed or taught or learn
- to cause one to learn
- to chastise
- to chastise or castigate with words, to correct
- of those who are moulding the character of others by reproof and admonition
- of God
- to chasten by the affliction of evils and calamities
- to chastise with blows, to scourge
- of a father punishing his son
- of a judge ordering one to be scourged
| NAS Word Usage - Total: 13|
|correcting 1, discipline 2, disciplined 2, disciplines 1, educated 2, instructing 1, punish 2, punished 1, taught 1|
Bibliography InformationThayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Paideuo". "The NAS New Testament Greek Lexicon". . 1999.