We are currently undergoing maintenance, all user specific funtions will be disabled for a short time. Sorry for the inconvenience.
The NAS New Testament Greek Lexicon
Greek lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
| Strong's Number: 3868|| Browse Lexicon |
|Original Word||Word Origin|
|paraiteomai||from (3844) and the middle voice of (154)|
|Transliterated Word||TDNT Entry|
|Phonetic Spelling||Parts of Speech|
|par-ahee-teh'-om-ahee ||Verb |
- to ask along side, beg to have near one
- to obtain by entreaty
- to beg from, to ask for, supplicate
- to avert by entreaty or seek to avert, to deprecate
- to entreat that ... not
- to refuse, decline
- to shun, avoid
- to avert displeasure by entreaty
- to beg pardon, crave indulgence, to excuse
- of one excusing himself for not accepting a wedding invitation to a feast
| NAS Word Usage - Total: 12|
|begged 1, excused 2, have nothing to do with 1, make excuses 1, refuse 4, refused 1, reject 1, requested 1|
Bibliography InformationThayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Paraiteomai". "The NAS New Testament Greek Lexicon". . 1999.