Children are a gift - an amazing blessing from God.
Every single day we may find ourselves doing a lot for our kids, loving and caring for them, nurturing, teaching, training, helping, leading, equipping, encouraging, protecting, and so much more.
We spend precious hours just living out life, helping with homework, and driving them to activities. We spend money on sports, lessons, and various classes to help them grow and become all they can be, providing opportunities for them to do what they most love in this world.
But in the midst of busy, full lives, we have to ask ourselves: Are we praying?
I mean, really praying specific, powerful, promise-filled, hope-inspired prayers. Are we praying God’s powerful Word and promises over their lives?
I’m freshly aware, and challenged to pray more.
There’s a battle over our families today, and the enemy would love nothing more than to destroy all that we hold dear in this life. He’s ruthless and cunning, deceitful and sly. He’ll attack when we’re not watching, he’ll do everything he can to lure our kids his way.
Don’t let him win.
Prayer is essential over our children and families, in order to stay alert, aware, and discerning of God’s voice, as well as to stand against the attacks of the enemy in our lives. We should never underestimate the importance of speaking blessing and truth over their lives. Prayer is powerful and his words are true.
Prayer + God’s Word = Power – the pathway for Him to do miraculous things.
We praise you for your love and faithfulness. We thank you for your protection and care over our families. Thank you that you give us the power to love well; the wisdom to lead and teach our children. We know you’re for us; that you fight for our families today. You are Redeemer, Restorer, and Friend, we believe you have good in store. We confess, some days, parenting is tough. Many days we can feel anxious or overwhelmed. We ask that you would make us more like you, more aware of your constant Presence in our lives. Help us to release our children to You, so that You are free to fully accomplish all that You desire, in them, through them. Please fill our families with your truth and cover us with your favor.
Lord, we pray for these blessings over our children, today, and every day…
– “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved – you and your household.” Acts 16:31
– “The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you, the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.” Numbers 6:24-26
– “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
– “Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” Hebrews 13:5
– “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.” Ephesians 4:29
– “Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus…” Hebrews 12:1-2
– “Only fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart. For consider what great things he has done for you.” 1 Sam. 12:24
Favor – "For you bless the righteous, O Lord; you cover him with favor as with a shield." Psalm 5:12
– “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9
– “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.” Galatians 5:22-23
– “They are to do good, to be rich in good works, to be generous and ready to share, thus storing up treasure for themselves as a good foundation for the future, so that they may take hold of that which is truly life.” 1 Timothy 6:18-19
– “Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm.” Prov. 13:20
– “May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.” 2 Corinthians 13:14
– “Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul.” 3 John 1:2
– “And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:32
– “But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:31
– “Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.” Philippians 2:3-4
– “Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but he who makes his ways crooked will be found out.” Proverbs 10:9
– “Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.” Ephesians 4:32
– “How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God.” 1 John 3:1
– “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.” Ephesians 6:1
– “Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, and slow to anger.” James 1:19
– “You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.” Isaiah 26:3
– "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart...He will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways." Psalm 91:1-2
– “And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19
– “How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word.” Psalm 119:9
– “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
– “Show proper respect to everyone: Love the brotherhood of believers, fear God, honor the king.” 1 Peter 2:17
- "The Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore." Psalm 121:8
- “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
– “For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.” 2 Timothy 1:7
– “For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.” Galatians 5:13
– “Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.” Ephesians 6:10-11
– “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” James 4:7
– “And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.” Colossians 3:17
– “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6
– “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.” Ephesians 2:9
– “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom…” Proverbs 9:10
– “All your sons will be taught by the Lord, and great will be your children’s peace.” Isaiah 54:13
Please let your blessings and Word shine on our children and family, as we seek to honor you.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
“Pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord. Lift up your hands to him for the lives of your children…” Lamentations 2:19