- (The inhabitants of Sodom, many of whom openly practiced homosexuality)
- Wickedness of
- Destroyed by fire as a judgement
Genesis 19:24 Genesis 19:25
- To be judged according to opportunity
Matthew 11:24 ; Luke 10:12
- A proverbial term of reproach applied to those who practiced sodomy (ritual homosexuality)
Deuteronomy 23:17 ; 1 Kings 14:24 ; 15:12 ; 22:46 ; 2 Kings 23:7 ; Job 36:14
- The word "harlot" ("shrine prostitute" (N. I. V.)) appears in
Genesis 38:21 Genesis 38:22
- And is applied to males
- And is the translation of a Hebrew feminine form of the word translated elsewhere "sodomite"
- See SODOMY
[E] indicates this entry was also found in Easton's Bible Dictionary
[S] indicates this entry was also found in Smith's Bible Dictionary
Bibliography InformationNave, Orville J. "Entry for 'Sodomites'". "Nave's Topical Bible".