|Overview - 2 Chronicles 22|
|1||Ahaziah succeeding, reigns wickedly.|
|5||In his confederacy with Joram, the son of Ahab, he is slain by Jehu.|
|10||Athaliah, destroying all the seed royal, save Joash, whom Jehoshabeath his aunt hid, usurps the kingdom.|
2 Chronicles 22:9 (King James Version)
And he sought Ahaziah: and they caught him, (for he was hid in Samaria,) and brought him to Jehu: and when they had slain him, they buried him: Because, said they, he is the son of Jehoshaphat, who sought the LORD with all his heart. So the house of Ahaziah had no power to keep still the kingdom.
- he sought Ahaziah
- The account in the parallel passage is somewhat different. "The current of the story at large is this," says Dr.
- Lightfoot: "Jehu slayeth Joram in the field of Jezreel, as Ahaziah and Joram were together: Ahaziah seeing this, flies, and gets into Samaria, and hides himself there. Jehu marches to Jezreel, and makes Jezebel dogs' meat: from thence sends to Samaria for the heads of Ahab's children and posterity; which are brought him by night, and shewed to the people in the morning. Then he marches to Samaria, and, by the way, slayeth forty-two of Ahab's kinsmen, and findeth Jehonadab, the father of the Rechabites. Coming into Samaria, he maketh search for Ahaziah: they find him hid, bring him to Jehu, and he commands to carry him towards Gur, by Ibleam, and there to slay him. They do so: smite him in his chariot, and his charioteer driveth away to Megiddo before he dies." "2 Ki 9:27 at Megiddo, in the kingdom of Samaria."* in Samaria. 1Ki 13:21
- 1 Kings 14:13 ; 2 Kings 9:28 2 Kings 9:34
- the son of Jehoshaphat
- 2 Chronicles 17:3 2 Chronicles 17:4 21:20
- the house
- 2 Chronicles 22:1 2 Chronicles 22:8 ; 2 Chronicles 21:4 2 Chronicles 21:17