|Overview - 2 Chronicles 32|
|1||Sennacherib invading Judah, Hezekiah fortifies himself, and encourages his people.|
|9||Against the blasphemies of Sennacherib, Hezekiah and Isaiah pray.|
|21||An angel destroys the host of the Assyrians.|
|24||Hezekiah praying in his sickness, God gives him a sign of recovery.|
|25||He waxing proud, is humbled by God.|
|27||His wealth and works.|
|31||His error in the ambassage of Babylon.|
|32||He dying, Manasseh succeeds him.|
2 Chronicles 32:4 (King James Version)
So there was gathered much people together, who stopped all the fountains, and the brook that ran through the midst of the land, saying, Why should the kings of Assyria come, and find much water?
- who stopped
- This was prudently done; for, without water, how could an immense army subsist in ar arid country? No doubt the Assyrian army suffered much through this; as a Christian army did, through the same cause, 2 Chronicles 32:1 2 Chronicles 32:800 ; years afterwards.
- the brook
- 30 ; 30:14
- ran through the midst of
- Hebrew overflowed. kings.
- The Septuagint, Syriac, and Arabic read king, in the singular number.
- 1 ; 2 Kings 18:9 2 Kings 18:13 ; 19:17 Isaiah 10:8
- 1 Kings 3:9 1 Kings 3:16 1 Kings 3:17 ; 19:21