Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
|Overview - Ezekiel 17|
| 1 ||Under the parable of two eagles and a vine, |
|11 ||is shewn God's judgment upon Jerusalem for revolting from Babylon to Egypt. |
|22 ||God promises to plant the cedar of the Gospel. |
Ezekiel 17:14 (King James Version)
That the kingdom might be base, that it might not lift itself up, but that by keeping of his covenant it might stand.
- the kingdom
- 6 ; 29:14 Deuteronomy 28:43 ; 1 Samuel 2:7 1 Samuel 2:30 ; Nehemiah 9:36 Nehemiah 9:37 ; Lamentations 5:10 ; Matthew 22:17-21
- Or, low; a tributary kingdom, dependent on the king of Babylon.
- but that by keeping of his covenant it might stand
- Hebrew to
- keep his covenant, to stand to it.
- Jeremiah 27:12-17 ; 38:17