Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
|Overview - Ezekiel 17|
| 1 ||Under the parable of two eagles and a vine, |
|11 ||is shewn God's judgment upon Jerusalem for revolting from Babylon to Egypt. |
|22 ||God promises to plant the cedar of the Gospel. |
Ezekiel 17:3 (King James Version)
And say, Thus saith the Lord GOD; A great eagle with great wings, longwinged, full of feathers, which had divers colours, came unto Lebanon, and took the highest branch of the cedar:
- A great
- Nebuchadnezzar, so called from his towering ambition and rapaciousness.
- Ezekiel 17:7 Ezekiel 17:12-21 ; Deuteronomy 28:49 ; Jeremiah 4:13 ; 48:40 49:16 Lamentations 4:19 ; Hosea 8:1 ; Matthew 24:28
- great wings
- Extensive empire, both in length and breadth.
- Daniel 2:38 ; 4:22 7:4
- Numerous subjects, of various nations, and of different languages and manners.
- divers colours
- Hebrew embroidering. came.
- Came against Judah and Jerusalem.
- 12 ; 2 Kings 24:10-16 ; 2 Chronicles 36:9 2 Chronicles 36:10 ; Jeremiah 22:23-28 ; 24:1
- the highest
- Jeconiah, whom he took captive to Babylon.
- the cedar
- The royal and ancient family of David.