|Overview - Ezekiel 45|
|1||The portion of land for the sanctuary;|
|6||for the city;|
|7||and for the prince.|
|9||Ordinances for the prince.|
Ezekiel 45:17 (King James Version)
And it shall be the prince's part to give burnt offerings, and meat offerings, and drink offerings, in the feasts, and in the new moons, and in the sabbaths, in all solemnities of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the meat offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel.
- the prince's
- The prince is never mentioned in the ritual appointments of Moses, but here he is required to provide the oblations; and the variations in the Mosaic law, in the number of the several sacrifices, and the proportion of the meat offering to each, being ten times as much as the law prescribed, with several other circumstances, seem more like enacting a new law, than enforcing that of Moses. These variations may intimate a change in the external constitution of the church; and it is probable that they are to be understood emblematically.
- 46:4-12 2 Samuel 6:19 ; 1 Kings 8:63 1 Kings 8:64 ; 1 Chronicles 16:2 1 Chronicles 16:3 ; 29:3-9 2 Chronicles 5:6 ; 2 Chronicles 7:4 2 Chronicles 7:5
- 2 Chronicles 8:12 2 Chronicles 8:13 ; 30:24 31:3 2 Chronicles 35:7 2 Chronicles 35:8 Ezra 1:5 ; Ezra 6:8 Ezra 6:9 Psalms 68:18 ; John 1:16
- Romans 11:35 Romans 11:36 ; Ephesians 5:2
- in the feasts
- Leviticus 23:1-44 ; Numbers 28:1-29:40 ; Isaiah 66:23
- he shall prepare
- Psalms 22:15-26 Psalms 22:29 ; John 6:51-57 ; 1 Corinthians 5:7 1 Corinthians 5:8 ; Hebrews 13:10 ; 1 Peter 2:24 ; 3:18
- peace offerings
- or, thank offerings.
- 43:27 Colossians 3:17 ; Hebrews 13:15