|Overview - Ezra 1|
|1||The proclamation of Cyrus for the building of the temple.|
|5||The people provide for their return.|
|7||Cyrus restores the vessels of the temple to Sheshbazzar.|
Ezra 1:11 (King James Version)
All the vessels of gold and of silver were five thousand and four hundred. All these did Sheshbazzar bring up with them of the captivity that were brought up from Babylon unto Jerusalem.
- the vessels
- Romans 9:23 ; 2 Timothy 2:19-21
- five thousand
- Instead of Ezra 1:5 Ezra 1:400 ; the enumeration of the articles in ver. 9, ; 10, ; only amounts to 2,499; but in the account, Esdras 2:13
- 14, the amount is Ezra 1:5 Ezra 1:469 ; as will be evident from the following
- statements: It is supposed that they actually amounted to Ezra 1:5 Ezra 1:400 ; but that only the chief of them were specified, the spoons, etc. being omitted.
- Hebrew transportation.
- Matthew 1:11 Matthew 1:12