Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
|Overview - Hosea 1|
| 1 ||Hosea, to shew God's judgment for spiritual whoredom, takes Gomer, |
| 4 ||and has by her Jezreel; |
| 6 ||Loruhamah; |
| 8 ||and Lo-ammi. |
|10 ||The restoration of Judah and Israel under one head. |
Hosea 1:11 (King James Version)
Then shall the children of Judah and the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head, and they shall come up out of the land: for great shall be the day of Jezreel.
- Then shall
- This seems to refer to the future conversion and restoration of the Jews and Israelites, under on head, Jesus Christ; so that there shall be one flock and one shepherd.
- the children of Judah
- 3:5 Isaiah 11:12 Isaiah 11:13 ; Jeremiah 3:18 Jeremiah 3:19 ; 23:5-8 30:3 31:1-9 33:15-26
- Jeremiah 50:4 Jeremiah 50:5 Jeremiah 50:19 ; Ezekiel 16:60-63 ; Ezekiel 34:23 Ezekiel 34:24 37:16-25 Micah 2:12 Micah 2:13
- Zechariah 10:6-9 ; Romans 11:25 Romans 11:26
- An allusion to the word Jezreel. God who sowed them among the nations in His wrath, shall reap and gather them in His mercy: see ch.
- Hosea 2:22 Hosea 2:23 Psalms 22:27-30 ; 110:3 Romans 11:15