|Overview - Isaiah 51|
|1||An exhortation, after the pattern of Abraham, to trust in Christ,|
|3||by reason of his comfortable promises,|
|4||of his righteous salvation,|
|7||and man's mortality.|
|9||Christ by his sanctified arm defends his from the fear of man.|
|17||He bewails the afflictions of Jerusalem,|
|21||and promises deliverance.|
Isaiah 51:19 (King James Version)
These two things are come unto thee; who shall be sorry for thee? desolation, and destruction, and the famine, and the sword: by whom shall I comfort thee?
- two things
- 47:9 Ezekiel 14:21
- are come
- Hebrew happened. who shall.
- Job 2:11 ; Psalms 69:20 ; Jeremiah 9:17-21 ; Lamentations 1:9 Lamentations 1:12 Lamentations 1:17 ; Amos 7:2
- Hebrew breaking. by whom.
- 22:4 61:2 Job 42:11 ; Ecclesiastes 4:1 ; Lamentations 1:16 ; Amos 7:2 ; 2 Corinthians 7:6 2 Corinthians 7:7 2 Corinthians 7:13
- 2 Thessalonians 2:16 2 Thessalonians 2:17