|Overview - Isaiah 9|
|1||What joy shall be in the midst of afflictions, by the birth and kingdom of Christ.|
|8||The judgments upon Israel for their pride,|
|13||for their hypocrisy,|
|18||and for their impenitency.|
Isaiah 9:5 (King James Version)
For every battle of the warrior is with confused noise, and garments rolled in blood; but this shall be with burning and fuel of fire.
- For every battle, etc or, When the whole battle of the
- warrior was, etc
- confused noise.
- 13:4 1 Samuel 14:19 ; Jeremiah 47:3 ; Joel 2:5 ; Nahum 3:2
- but this shall be
- or, and it was, etc. burning.
- 4:4 Isaiah 10:16 Isaiah 10:17 30:33 37:36 Isaiah 66:15 Isaiah 66:16 Psalms 46:9 ; Ezekiel 39:8-10
- Malachi 3:2 Malachi 3:3 ; Matthew 3:11 ; Acts 2:3 Acts 2:19 ; 2 Thessalonians 1:8
- Hebrew meat.
- Leviticus 3:11 Leviticus 3:16