|Overview - Jeremiah 46|
|1||Jeremiah prophesies the overthrow of Pharaoh's army at Euphrates,|
|13||and the conquest of Egypt by Nebuchadrezzar.|
|27||He comforts Jacob in his chastisement.|
Jeremiah 46:19 (King James Version)
O thou daughter dwelling in Egypt, furnish thyself to go into captivity: for Noph shall be waste and desolate without an inhabitant.
- furnish thyself to go into captivity
- Hebrew make thee
- instruments of captivity.
- Isaiah 20:4 ; Ezekiel 12:3 ; *marg:
- Ezekiel 12:4-12
- Noph, or Moph, is the celebrated city of Memphis, as the Chaldee and LXX. render; long the residence of the ancient Egyptian kings, and situated fifteen miles above where the Delta begins, on the western side of the Nile. It was in the neighbourhood of Memphis that the famous pyramids were erected, whose grandeur and beauty still astonish the modern traveller: they are about twenty in number; the largest of which is 481 ; feet perpendicular height, and the area of its basis is on Jeremiah 46:480 Jeremiah 46:249 ; square feet, or something more than eleven acres, being exactly the size of Lincoln's Inn Fields in London. The immense ruins between the northern and southern pyramids, and about fourteen miles from Cairo, still called Memf, Menf, or Menouf, seem to mark the site of this city. 44:1 Ezekiel 30:13
- 26:9 34:22 Jeremiah 51:29 Jeremiah 51:30 Zephaniah 2:5