|Overview - Joshua 19|
|1||The lot of Simeon;|
|49||The children of Israel give an inheritance to Joshua.|
Joshua 19:41 (King James Version)
And the coast of their inheritance was Zorah, and Eshtaol, and Irshemesh,
- Situated on the frontiers of Dan and Judah, tens miles north from Eleutheropolis, towards Nicoplis, according to Eusebius, not far from Caphar Sorek.
- Judges 13:2 Judges 13:25 ; 16:31 18:2 1 Chronicles 2:53 ; 2 Chronicles 11:10
- Supposed by some to be the same as Beth-shemesh in the tribe of Judah; but this latter city is evidently distinguished from it by being assigned by the tribe of Judah to the Levites. (ch
- 21:16 .) Ir-shemesh rendered [polis Sammaus] by the LXX.,
- seems to be the same as Emmaus or Nicopolis, 22 miles south-east from Lydda, according to the Old Jerusalem Itinerary.