Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
|Overview - Leviticus 6|
| 1 ||The trespass offering for sins done wittingly. |
| 8 ||The law of the burnt offering; |
|14 ||and of the meat offering. |
|19 ||The offering at the consecration of a priest. |
|24 ||The law of the sin offering. |
Leviticus 6:5 (King James Version)
Or all that about which he hath sworn falsely; he shall even restore it in the principal, and shall add the fifth part more thereto, and give it unto him to whom it appertaineth, in the day of his trespass offering.
- 5:16 Exodus 22:1 Exodus 22:4 Exodus 22:7 Exodus 22:9 ; Numbers 5:7 Numbers 5:8 ; 1 Samuel 12:3 ; 2 Samuel 12:6 ; Proverbs 6:30 Proverbs 6:31
- Isaiah 58:6 Isaiah 58:9 ; Luke 19:8
- in the principal
- The property itself, if still remaining, or its full value, to which a fifth part more was to be added, to compensate the owner for the loss he had sustained by being deprived of the use of his goods. He must also bring a trespass offering to the Lord; which was intended to show that disobedience to God is the great evil, even of those crimes which are injurious to man, and that repentance, and even restitution, though needful in order to forgiveness, cannot atone for sin.
- of his trespass offering
- or, of his being found guilty.
- of trespass.
- Matthew 5:23 Matthew 5:24