|Overview - Nehemiah 12|
|1||The priests and the Levites which came up with Zerubbabel.|
|10||The succession of high priests.|
|22||Certain chief Levites.|
|27||The solemnity of the dedication of the walls.|
|44||The offices of priests and Levites appointed in the temple.|
Nehemiah 12:27 (King James Version)
And at the dedication of the wall of Jerusalem they sought the Levites out of all their places, to bring them to Jerusalem, to keep the dedication with gladness, both with thanksgivings, and with singing, with cymbals, psalteries, and with harps.
- M. 3559. B.C. 445. the dedication.
- Jerusalem was the holy city, and the wall was built under the immediate superintendence and blessing of Jehovah: it was therefore proper that it should be dedicated to that God who was there worshipped by solemn praises, prayers, and sacrifices. The dedication seems to have consisted in processions of the most eminent persons around the walls, with thanksgivings to God, who had enabled them to bring the work to so happy a conclusion; and, no doubt, to all this were added a particular consecration of the city to God, and the most earnest invocation that He would take it under His guardianship, and defend it and its inhabitants against their enemies.
- Deuteronomy 20:5 ; Psalms 30:1 ; *title
- 11:20 1 Chronicles 15:4 1 Chronicles 15:12 ; 25:6 26:31 2 Chronicles 5:13 ; 2 Chronicles 29:4-11 2 Chronicles 29:30 Ezra 8:15-20
- 8:17 Deuteronomy 16:11 ; 2 Samuel 6:12 ; 2 Chronicles 29:30 ; Ezra 6:16 ; Psalms 98:4-6 ; Psalms 100:1 Psalms 100:2
- Philippians 4:4
- 1 Chronicles 13:8 ; 1 Chronicles 15:16 1 Chronicles 15:28 1 Chronicles 16:5 1 Chronicles 16:42 23:5 25:1-6 2 Chronicles 5:13 ; 7:6
- Ezra 3:10 Ezra 3:11 ; Psalms 81:1-4 ; 92:1-3 149:3 150:2-5 Revelation 5:8