|Overview - Psalms 142|
|1||David shews that in his trouble all his comfort was in prayer unto God.|
Psalms 142:1 (King James Version)
I cried unto the LORD with my voice; with my voice unto the LORD did I make my supplication.
- M. 2942. B.C. 1062. (Title.) Maschil of David. or, A
- Psalm of David giving instruction.
- 32:1 54:1 57:1 *titles
- 1 Chronicles 4:10
- A Prayer
- David was twice in great peril in caves: on one occasion, in the cave of Adullam, when he fled from Achish king of Gath; and on another, in the cave of Engedi, where he had taken refuge from the pursuit of Saul. It is not certain to which of these events this Psalm refers; though probably to the former.
- when he was
- 1 Samuel 22:1 1 Samuel 22:2 ; 24:3 Hebrews 11:38
- with my voice
- 28:2 Psalms 77:1 Psalms 77:2 141:1