|Overview - Psalms 81|
|1||An exhortation to a solemn praising of God.|
|4||God challenges that duty by reason of his benefits.|
|8||God, exhorting to obedience, complains of their disobedience, which proves their own hurt.|
Psalms 81:1 (King James Version)
Sing aloud unto God our strength: make a joyful noise unto the God of Jacob.
- M. 3489. B.C. 515. (Title.) Gittith.
- 8:1 *title
- A Psalm
- Some suppose this Psalm to have been composed to be sung at the feast of Trumpets, before the time of David; and others think it was written at the removal of the ark to Mount Zion; but the most probable opinion is, that it was sung at the dedication of the second temple.
- of Asaph
- or, for Asaph.
- 67:4 Jeremiah 31:7
- our strength
- Psalms 18:1 Psalms 18:2 28:7 52:7 Philippians 4:13
- 33:1-3 46:1-7 66:1 Psalms 100:1 Psalms 100:2
- the God
- 46:11 Genesis 50:17 ; Matthew 22:32