Treasury of Scripture Knowledge
|Overview - Revelation 9|
| 1 ||At the sounding of the fifth angel, a star falls from heaven, to whom is given the key to the bottomless pit. |
| 2 ||He opens the pit, and there come forth locusts like scorpions. |
|12 ||The first woe past. |
|13 ||The sixth trumpet sounds. |
|14 ||Four angels are let loose, that were bound. |
Revelation 9:5 (King James Version)
And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.
- it was
- Revelation 13:5 Revelation 13:7 Daniel 5:18-22 ; 7:6 John 19:11
- they should not
- That is, should not kill them as a political body, state, or empire; and accordingly, however they desolated the Greek and Latin churches, they could not extirpate them, nor gain possession of the empire.
- 11:7 Job 2:6
- they should be
- Five prophetical months, each consisting of 30 days, and each day denoting a year, amount to 150 years; and accordingly, from the time that Mohammed began to propagate his imposture A
- D. 612, the building of Bagdad, when they ceased from their ravages, A
- D. 763, are just 150 years.
- and their