Gederah [N] [S]
the fortress; a fortified place, a town in the plain (shephelah) of Judah ( Joshua 15:36 ). This is a very common Canaanite and Phoenician name. It is the feminine form of Geder ( 12:13 ); the plural form is Gederoth ( 15:41 ). This place has by some been identified with Jedireh, a ruin 9 miles from Lydda, toward Eleutheropolis, and 4 miles north of Sur'ah (Zorah), in the valley of Elah.
These dictionary topics are from
M.G. Easton M.A., D.D., Illustrated Bible Dictionary, Third Edition,
published by Thomas Nelson, 1897. Public Domain, copy freely.
[N] indicates this entry was also found in Nave's Topical Bible
[S] indicates this entry was also found in Smith's Bible Dictionary
Bibliography InformationEaston, Matthew George. "Entry for Gederah". "Easton's Bible Dictionary". .