Jahath [N] [E] [H]
- Son of Libni, the son of Gershom, the son of Levi. ( 1 Chronicles 6:20 ) (B.C. after 1706.)
- Head of a later house in the family of Gershom, being the eldest son of Shimei, the son of Laadan. ( 1 Chronicles 23:10 1 Chronicles 23:11 )
- A man in the genealogy of Judah, ( 1 Chronicles 4:2 ) son of Reaiah ben-Shobal.
- A Levite, son of Shelomoth. ( 1 Chronicles 24:22 )
- A Merarite Levite in the reign of Josiah. ( 2 Chronicles 34:12 ) (B.C. 623.)
[N] indicates this entry was also found in Nave's Topical Bible
[E] indicates this entry was also found in Easton's Bible Dictionary
[H] indicates this entry was also found in Hitchcock's Bible Names
Bibliography InformationSmith, William, Dr. "Entry for 'Jahath'". "Smith's Bible Dictionary". . 1901.