az'-a-rel `azarel, ("God is helper"; the King James Version reads Azareel in numbers 1-5, Azarael in numbers 6):
(1) A Korahite who entered the army of David at Ziklag (1 Chronicles 12:6).
(3) A captain of the tribe of Da in the service of David (1 Chronicles 27:22).
(4) One of those who had "strange wives," a son of Bani (Ezra 10:41).
(5) The father of Amashai, a priest who dwelt in Jerusalem after the Exile (Nehemiah 11:13).
(6) A priest's son who played the trumpet in the procession when the wall was dedicated (Nehemiah 12:36).
A. L. Breslich
These files are public domain.