We are currently undergoing maintenance, all user specific funtions will be disabled for a short time. Sorry for the inconvenience.
The NAS New Testament Greek Lexicon
Greek lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others; this is keyed to the large Kittel and the "Theological Dictionary of the New Testament." These files are public domain.
| Strong's Number: 1210|| Browse Lexicon |
|Original Word||Word Origin|
|Transliterated Word||TDNT Entry|
|Phonetic Spelling||Parts of Speech|
|deh'-o ||Verb |
- to bind tie, fasten
- to bind, fasten with chains, to throw into chains
- Satan is said to bind a woman bent together by means of a demon, as his messenger, taking possession of the woman and preventing her from standing upright
- to bind, put under obligation, of the law, duty etc. 1b
- to be bound to one, a wife, a husband
- to forbid, prohibit, declare to be illicit
| NAS Word Usage - Total: 43|
|bind 7, binding 1, binds 2, bound 23, imprisoned 4, prisoners 1, put...in chains 1, tied 4|
Bibliography InformationThayer and Smith. "Greek Lexicon entry for Deo". "The NAS New Testament Greek Lexicon". . 1999.