We are currently undergoing maintenance, all user specific funtions will be disabled for a short time. Sorry for the inconvenience.
The NAS Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon
The Hebrew lexicon is Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius Lexicon; this is keyed to the "Theological Word Book of the Old Testament." These files are considered public domain.
| Strong's Number: 3442|| Browse Lexicon |
|Original Word||Word Origin|
|Transliterated Word||TDNT Entry|
|Phonetic Spelling||Parts of Speech|
|Jeshua = "he is saved" n pr m |
- son of Nun of the tribe of Ephraim and successor to Moses as the leader of the children of Israel; led the conquest of Canaan
- son of Jehozadak and high priest after the restoration
- a priest in the time of David who had charge of the 9th course
- a Levite in the reign of Hezekiah
- head of a Levitical house which returned from captivity in Babylon
- father of a builder of the wall of Jerusalem in the time of Nehemiah n pr loc
- a town in southern Judah reinhabited by the people of Judah after the return from captivity
| NAS Word Usage - Total: |
|This word is not is not referenced in the NAS|
| NAS Verse Count |
|No verses were found using this number!|
Bibliography Information Brown, Driver, Briggs and Gesenius. "Hebrew Lexicon entry for Yeshuwa`". "The NAS Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon". .