3 (Mizmor Dovid. When he was in the midbar Yehudah). O Elohim, Thou art Eli; early will I seek Thee; my nefesh thirsteth for Thee; my basar longeth for Thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no mayim is;
(3) To see Thy oz (might, power) and Thy kavod, as I have beheld Thee in the Kodesh (holy place, sanctuary).
(4) Because Thy chesed is better than chayyim, my lips shall praise Thee.
(5) Thus will I bless Thee while I live; I will lift up my hands b’Shimcha (in Thy Name.)
(6) My nefesh shall be satisfied as with chelev (fat) and deshen (abundance); and my mouth shall praise Thee with lips of joyful singing;
(7) When I remember Thee upon my bed, and meditate on Thee in the ashmurot (night watches).
(8) Because Thou hast been my help, therefore in the tzel (shadow) of Thy wings will I sing with joy.
(9) My nefesh followeth hard after Thee; Thy Yamin (Right Hand) upholdeth me.
(11) They deliver him into the power of the cherev; they shall be a portion for jackals.
(12) But HaMelech shall rejoice in Elohim; every one that sweareth by Him shall glory; but the mouth of them that speak sheker shall be stopped.