1. Palestine Eighteen Centuries Ago
2. Jews and Gentiles in "the Land"
3. In Galilee at the Time of our Lord
4. Travelling in Palestine: Roads, Inns, Hospitality, Custom-House Officers, Taxation, Publicans
5. In Judaea
6. Jewish Homes
7. The Upbringing of Jewish Children
8. Subjects of Study. Home Education in Israel; Female Education. Schools and Schoolmasters.
9. Mothers, Daughters, and Wives in Israel
10. In Death and after Death
11. Jewish Views on Trade, Tradesman, and Trades
13. Among the People, and with the Pharisees
14. The "Fraternity" of Pharisees
15. Relation of the Pharisees to the Sadducees and Essenes, and to the Gospel of Christ
16. Synagogues: their Origin, Structure, and Outward Arrangements
17. The Worship of the Synagogue
18. Outline of Ancient Jewish Theological Literature
Appendix I. Translation of the Mishnic Tractate "Middoth"
Appendix II. Translation of Selections from the Babylon Talmud, Tractate "Berachoth"