1. Keep your word soft and tender, because tomorrow you may have to eat them.
2. Opportunities are never lost; someone else will take the ones you miss.
3. Love, not time, heals all wounds
4. To ignore the facts does not change the facts.
5. Money doesn’t buy class
6. We should be glad God didn’t give us everything we asked for.
7. Everyone wants to live on the top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth comes while you are climbing it.
J. Michael Shannon is professor of preaching at Cincinnati Bible College in Cincinnati, OH.