|Overview - 1 Chronicles 21|
|1||David, tempted by Satan, forces Joab to number the people.|
|5||The number of the people being brought, David repents of it.|
|9||David having three plagues propounded by God, chooses the pestilence.|
|14||After the death of seventy thousand, David by repentance prevents the destruction of Jerusalem.|
|18||David, by Gad's direction, purchases Ornan's threshing-|
|28||David sacrifices there, being restrained from Gibeon by fear of the angel.|
1 Chronicles 21:13 (King James Version)
And David said unto Gad, I am in a great strait: let me fall now into the hand of the LORD; for very great are his mercies: but let me not fall into the hand of man.
- I am in
- 2 Kings 6:15 ; 7:4 Esther 4:11 Esther 4:16 ; John 12:27 ; Philippians 1:23
- let me fall
- David here acted nobly: had he chosen war, his personal safety was in no danger, as there was an ordinance preventing him from going to battle; and in famine, his wealth would have secured his and his family's support; but all were equally exposed to the pestilence.
- Hebrews 10:31
- or, many.
- Exodus 34:6 Exodus 34:7 ; Psalms 5:7 ; Psalms 51:1 Psalms 51:2 Psalms 69:13 Psalms 69:16 Psalms 86:5 Psalms 86:15 103:8 106:7 130:7
- Isaiah 55:7 ; Isaiah 63:7 Isaiah 63:15 Lamentations 3:32 ; Jonah 3:9 ; 4:2 Micah 7:18 ; Habakkuk 3:2
- but let me
- 2 Chronicles 28:9 ; Proverbs 12:10 ; Isaiah 46:7 ; 47:6